*Note: You only need to do a question for this post. Also, a reminder that, as of 4/7, papers are now due **Wed, Apr 13 11:59PM**
- Neal talking about Michael Jackson's legacy in video above. It is long (around 50 min) but fascinating. He talks specifically about MJ & masculinity at 25:20.
- Neal (2003) "Diggin' the Scene (With the Gangsta Lean)," from Songs in the Key of Black Life: A Rhythm and Blues Nation
- Neal (2001) “Another Man Is Beating My Time: Gender and Sexuality in Rhythm and Blues,” from American Popular Music: New Approaches to the Twentieth Century
- Bilal Sayeed Oliver "Soul Sista," "Fast Lane," "For You"
- Curtis Mayfield, "Freddie's Dead"